Total Pageviews

Friday 15 April 2016

I Miss My Wife, But I Am Comforted Knowing Her Organs Saved 4 Lives


THIS IS A TRUE STORY ABOUT AN AMERICAN COUPLE; Read it and TAKE  on it.

Evelyn and I talked about donating our organs. I think she saw a public service announcement and felt that it made sense, so we both signed our driver’s license cards for organ and tissue donation.

Ten years later, when she died suddenly in her 40s from an unknown heart problem, I knew what she wanted and respected her decision.

Fifty others had the pain of their burns eased because of her tissue donations, and someone has sight because of her corneas. In addition, hundreds of their family members and friends were spared my grief because of what Evelyn did.
 
The need for organs is great in the United States. Only half of the organs needed are donated, and thousands of people die while waiting. The sad part of this is that many people are willing to donate but don’t get around to setting things up. Or if they have decided, they neglect to tell their families.
 
Every day people die who do not expect to do so.
 
I am not asking you to donate your organs. I am asking you to take a few minutes after you finish reading this and think about whether this is something you might like to do. If you decide to donate, tell your family. Then do what you need to do to register as a donor in your state.
 
Knowing that part of Evelyn is still alive and walking around in four women brings me a great deal of comfort, as does the thought that I might meet them one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any Question or Comment?
Send in your comments or Questions here, and get feedback!!
Also post in your queries about this post..