Total Pageviews

Wednesday 31 December 2014

New Year Eve? Not For Me.

Earlier today, I got a "Red Alert Message" as follows;
 "Warning! Warning!! Warning!!!. Do not go out from your house from 31/12/2014 @ 11.59am.... because you will not come back till NEXT YEAR!!"
I initially thought it was a threat message, for I do have my fair share of detractors, but it dawned on me; TOMORROW IS YEAR 2015!!!
 
Moving on. I walked into a bank today hoping to finish my transactions and head straight for some other personal business. The banking hall was deserted, which is normally so whenever the local university campus is on break.
 But the polite cashier tried to hasten me as I filled out the forms required to seal the transaction.
I wondered why such a haste. Then it chimed 12.00 noon. I noticed the security man shutting the large doors into the banking hall. I enquired from the young cashier;
 'Why is he shutting the doors?'. And she retorted.
 'It's because tomorrow is new year'. 'We need to go home earlier to be with family and friends'

There again, caught in the no-season mood!!! I believe after my professional examinations coming on next week, I may begin to pay attention to happenings around me. For now, this is the best. I need to pass this examination at one sitting.

If you were also caught unaware, just like me, share your experience with us!!!

Do enjoy your New Year Eve!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any Question or Comment?
Send in your comments or Questions here, and get feedback!!
Also post in your queries about this post..