Total Pageviews

Thursday 25 December 2014

Chicken on Christmas, Good for the Heart.

Today started as though nothing eventful would happen. But all that changed when I got a whatsapp group message, informing me that a chicken party was going down today. I thought to myself, this must me a get- together that would be put together by none other than my course mates.

I was right about the organisers, but was so wrong about the event itself. It surpassed all expectations. We are calling it the Chakala Chicken party.
Chakala, a local sauce mixed with roasted chicken, was served hot and steaming after the initial dessert.

Chicken, being a popular food on a day like today, Christmas, is eaten all around the world. It is quite affordable and generally loved by all who have tasted it.
But what is more striking is that, Chicken help preserve the heart. Yes!!! You heard me well.

Chicken contains fatty acid that is good for the heart. It has little low density lipoprotein or "bad cholesterol", that clogs the heart and blood vessel, predisposing to coronary heart diseases.
Chicken actually help you to maintain an optimum weight without accumulating excess weight.

It is also thought that chicken contain selenium, a trace element that have been shown to fight against cancers in the body due to it antioxidant activity.

So, I did not mind consuming a chunk of chicken parts offered me at our mini-party.
I did have a swell time, especially as I spent it amongst friends and colleagues.

How did you spend your christmas? Do share with us!!!
Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any Question or Comment?
Send in your comments or Questions here, and get feedback!!
Also post in your queries about this post..