Total Pageviews

Monday 29 December 2014

CMD Job; For Women or Not For Women.

A Chief Medical Director practically runs a hospital. He has to be on his toes during any accreditation exercise. So I was the least surprise when I beheld this Amazon CMD.
   Being new to the health facility, I was a 3-month clinical attachment programme, I have heard a lot about her prowess and exploits. Some interns say it was because of her that their October salary was delayed. Resident doctors want to put her to the stake for her obvious role in cutting down the number meant to write the necessary post-graduate exam, that would see them become consultants.
Consultants want to have their way, as most of them are males, and get away with it!!

So I feel a gush of emotions when she walked into the Emergency Paediatric Unit (EPU).
Standing in front of me was an elegantly dressed lady, befitting of her status as CMD. She has a personality that exudes authority. Personal aides were running all around her seeing to her every request as regards the accreditation visit by the Medical and Dental Council. She had everybody on their toes. After doling out the appropriate instructions to those concerned, she quietly got into her chaffeur-driven, government-plated SUV, and zoomed off.

And while there is a substantive Head of Department for Paediatrics, she took charge and left things as it should be. That was when I fell in love with her administrative acumen. I thought she was a fine CMD. As for the accreditation, the Paediatric department got a good grade.
Some of my colleagues believe otherwise. I still hold; that Amazon CMD is still the best for this Job. After all first impressions matter too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any Question or Comment?
Send in your comments or Questions here, and get feedback!!
Also post in your queries about this post..